Monday, February 15

V-Day Breakfast

Well Happy belated Valentine's Day to all! Today is President's Day (so Happy Birthday Mr. Washington)  and since I knew I didn't have to work today, I decided to post today and enjoy the city with my friends yesterday.
 I bought some bananas yesterday and didn't even realize that I had some at home that were going brown.
In the past, I would throw away the brown ones because I'm not the biggest fan of ripped fruit. But my aunt thought me how to make a banana jam with those old bananas.
and it goes perfect on top of pancakes or with toast.


Banana Jam:

3 or more really ripe bananas
1/2 cup of sugar
Pan and some water (about half a cup)

Directions:

Slice the bananas and pour into a sauce pan
add the sugar and cook it on low for about half hour to forty minutes adding the water and mixing it as the mixture starts to stick to the pan.  Set aside.





Caramelized Bananas:

1 Banana (not as ripe as the jam)
2 TBS of sugar
1/2 TBS of Cinnamon

Directions:

Cut the banana in half and slice them horizontally.
Mix the sugar and cinnamon and cover the bananas in the mixture.
In a frying pan pour some canola oil and fry the bananas until golden and crisp.
Set aside.









Pancakes:

Prepare the pancakes as package directions



Place the pancakes on a plate decorate with the caramelized bananas transfer the jam into a individual cup
add some personal touch and serve



***Served with coffee and Mimosa***

No comments: